Automation Project Engineer
Company: DMG MORI USA
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Title: ----------------------------Automation Project
EngineerReports to:------------Project Engineer Leader--Location:
----------------DMG MORI Systems, Davis, CA, DMG MORI Systems,
Hoffman Estates, ILHours:------------------------Monday through
Friday, 8:30AM to 5:30PMClassification:
--ExemptTravel:------------------------30%--Join DMG MORI Systems
group, a subsidiary of DMG MORI, the world leading CNC machine tool
technology provider. We focus on providing customers with leading
edge machine tending automation solutions including robotic
loading, gantry loading, workpiece handling, pallet handling, and
various flexible manufacturing cells for the North American market.
Essential Job Functions:To fulfill this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential function
satisfactorily and work in a dynamic team with diverse background
efficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Responsibilities
include up to and are not limited to:
- Automation concept/layout design, robot reachability and cycle
time study, simulation.
- Manage project execution and schedule by closely working with
customers, suppliers, programmers.
- Prepare requirements/design specifications and manage suppliers
to build automation components.
- Coordinate with commissioning engineers to conduct cell control
design, integration, FAT/SAT signoff.
- Provide operation training to customers.
- Create and organize design documents, drawings and user manuals
for each delivery.
- Other duties as assigned per project execution need.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in ME/EE/CE Engineering.
- Strong ability in mechanical design.
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling software.
- Hands-on mechanical assembling and prototyping
- Strong communication skills including ability to read and write
- Strong project management skills to work on multiple projects
- Understand machine electrical schematic drawing
- Ability to learn various new automation technology
- Experience in manufacturing automation is a plus.
- Knowledge of CNC machine tool, robot, vision, and motion
control is a plus.--Work Environment: General office environment
will be experienced. Occasionally will spend time in various
manufacturing environments.--Exposure to possible hazards including
noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and other automated
and manual machinery.----Physical Demands: Frequent: walking,
bending, stooping, and lifting.Periodic: sitting at desk, utilizing
computers and phones.Occasional: travel, lifting or moving up to
50lbs, operating power equipment.
Keywords: DMG MORI USA, Davis , Automation Project Engineer, Engineering , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!