Automation and Controls Engineer- AgTech Start-Up
Posted on: July 31, 2022
We build robots for the next frontier of farming. We are a
venture-backed startup based in Davis, CA, and we build robots to
address some of farming's toughest tasks. Here's what we can offer
to you that you can't get anywhere else: --- The chance to
transform an industry and improve the lives of millions of
farmworkers. --- First-hand exposure to an endless supply of
incredibly challenging technical problems. --- The pressure to
invent cutting-edge solutions to said problems (and mess up along
the way). --- Limitless career upside: you grow as we grow. --- The
chance to live in the 'burbs of sunny California and ride your bike
to a farm for work everyday. --- A workplace that encourages
building, learning and deploying. See your work in the field! Still
interested? Read our mission and the job description below to see
if you're a good fit for us! Use your powers for good!
- Help us build a novel ag tech manufacturing system!
- Program PLCs to control complex mechanical systems.
- Work with 6 DOF industrial robots. (Yaskawa, Universal
- Perform automation system site installations, electrical
design, and troubleshooting.
- Program 2D and 3D robot vision systems. (FANUC 2D & 3DL,
- Set up and program PLCs using structured text (Brands such as
Beckhoff, Automation Direct, Keyence), and integrate PLCs with
databases. (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Troubleshoot AC and DC electrical systems.
- Implement robust networking for stable communication between
- Set up and tune Variable Frequency Drives.Here's what we'll
look for when we select someone to join the team.
- BS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a
- 3-5 years experience in industrial automation.
- Proficiency in setting up and programming PLCs using structured
text or other IEC 61131-3 languages.
- Experience setting up hardware and programming FANUC,
Mitsubishi, or KUKA articulated robots in a material
- A desire to write clean, efficient, and testable code.
- Accountability, ownership of work, and ability to meet
- Flexibility, creative thinking and ability to adapt to a
dynamic and changing environment.
- This position is onsite in Davis, CA in an industrial shop
environment. The position will involve up to one week of travel per
month to grower sites within California.
- Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need
visa sponsorship now or in the future. We are unable to sponsor
Keywords: advanced.farm, Davis , Automation and Controls Engineer- AgTech Start-Up, Engineering , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!