Senior Controls Engineer
Company: Terabase Energy
Posted on: August 4, 2022
What we doAt Terabase Energy, we believe that -digitalization
-and -automation -will drive the next wave of innovation -and cost
reduction in large scale solar. -To fully unlock the potential of
this opportunity, Terabase is developing an interconnected software
and construction automation platform. -We work alongside project
developers, owners, and engineering & construction firms to support
the design, optimization, and construction of huge solar projects
around the world. Our team is a blend of solar-industry veterans
and newbies, thought-leaders, dreamers, software, electrical and
mechanical engineers, coders, product managers, project managers,
and sales and marketing professionals. We are based in Northern
California, with several other offices in the United States and
around the world. -If all of this piques your interest, we'd love
to hear from you!Job descriptionThe Controls engineer will be
working with the Mechanical Engineering team on prototyping and
perfecting automation equipment from scratch. - -They will develop
and implement logic for complex custom applications, capture client
requirements for the system, coordinate with client and contractor,
develop and implement required logic and perform testing and
develop HMI screes. The Engineer is responsible for continuous
improvement and operational excellence for controls and
controls-related systems and equipment to achieve zero-failure
rate, eliminate single points of failure, and attain aggressive
targets for uptime and reliability. -They are also responsible for
designing, programming, installing, and testing SCADA and plant
control systems for solar, solar and storage and other hybrid
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology,
or related field, preferably with controls major.
- Ability to communicate with team members and business
- 2+ years of IEC 61131-3/PLC programming experience, including
structured text and function blocks.
- 2+ years of SCADA development, Ignition experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of programming language. Python a plus.
- Experience in setting up virtual machines on physical
- IEC 61131-3, Ladder Logic, Function Blocks, and Structured
- Working knowledge of industrial protocols such as Modbus-TCP,
DNP3, OPC-UA, IEC 61850 and ICCP.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Been part of or lead Continuous Improvement/Lessons Learned
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United
- Travel, 20-30%What we offer--- - - - - - -Remote flexibility---
- - - - - -Flexible time off--- - - - - - -Generous health
benefits--- - - - - - -Home office set up--- - - - - - -Career
progression--- - - - - - ----.and more!
Keywords: Terabase Energy, Davis , Senior Controls Engineer, Engineering , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!