Company: Mutual Housing Management
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Location: Sacramento/Yolo Counties - will be assigned to New
Harmony Mutual Housing Community, Located in Davis
Hourly Wage: $25.00 per hour
Full Time, Non-Exempt position
Generous Benefits Package includes:
--- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Employee Assistant
Program - fully covered for Employee
--- Optional Life, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Identity
Theft Protection and Accident Insurance
--- Generous paid time off, including 16 paid holidays which
includes the week between Christmas and New Years
--- Thank You Fridays: work to 2:00pm; paid through 5:00pm each
--- 401K Retirement Plan - Employer match up to 6% - after 6 months
Mutual Housing Management provides professional property management
services to Mutual Housing California's 19 affordable multifamily
properties. The mission of Mutual Housing Management is to be an
exceptional steward of Mutual Housing's portfolio of multifamily
housing properties to support long-term sustainability.
Maintenance Technician completes janitorial tasks, preventative
maintenance, repairs, and apartment turnovers. As a part of the
site team, is responsible to ensure a high standard of cleanliness,
customer service, and a hazard-free environment.
- Completes work orders in a timely and accurate manner. Cleans
up after work is complete.
- Performs repairs on the property, including painting, basic
carpentry or wall repair, plumbing, and electrical. MHM provides
all tools needed for this position.
- Cleans apartments during turnover process, as directed.
- Maintains grounds and common areas, including lawns and
flowerbeds, shrubbery, parking areas, and trash pickup.
- Provides on-call maintenance service, as directed. Responds to
emergencies, as required.
- Sets up conference room and community space, as needed.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Advises Property Manager of the overall condition of the
- Keeps Property Manager and residents informed of scheduling and
progress of maintenance work orders and scheduled physical
improvements under tech's purview.
- Monitors maintenance budget and recommends revisions to budgets
and advises supervisor when there are budget concerns.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of site vendors for
landscape maintenance and other maintenance issues.
- Respect the confidentiality of resident information.
High School Diploma/GED or completion Technical training in a
building trade. Technical expertise in one or more building
Minimum of two years in skilled apartment maintenance work
- Take direction from the supervisor.
- Read, write, do basic math, and follow instructions in the
- Work in a collaborative manner, as a part of the site
- Relate professionally with vendors, residents, and
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse
- Flexible to change work schedules.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must have own transportation, driver's license and vehicle
insurance that is commensurate with company policy.
- Treat residents and vendors with respect and compassion. Is
understanding of and sensitive to cultural background, economic
status, those with special needs, and adheres to Fair Housing and
Equal Housing Opportunity requirements.
- Represent Mutual Housing Management with a professional manner
at all times.
- Understand and commit to the mission and values of Mutual
- Wear a Mutual Housing Management uniform at all times when on
- Learn how to input maintenance work orders and other
information into computer program.
- Second Language Fluency in a language commonly used in
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and
writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, and approachable and
team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed
without being asked, following through.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time,
thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coach-ability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn,
embracing continuous improvement, accepting accountability when
- Resident focus: Striving for high resident satisfaction, going
out of our way to be helpful, responsive, attentive and
- Leadership (for those with direct reports): Setting clear
expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance,
holding people accountable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to push/pull objects weighing more than 100
lbs. and lift and carry objects weighing more than 50 lbs. but less
than 100. Frequently required to perform simple manipulative tasks
such as using hand tools and operating maintenance machinery. Must
be able to walk, stand, squat, drive, and remain in uncomfortable
positions for periods of time necessary to accomplish maintenance
Frequently required to read fine print on plans, regulatory
documents, maintenance coding, and instructions. Must be able to
distinguish normal sounds with some background noise to answer
pages, phones, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and
understand others using the English language.
Frequently required to concentrate on moderate detail with moderate
interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function for more
than 60 minutes at a time. Must be able to understand and relate to
specific ideas one at a time and remember a task/assignment for at
least a full shift.
Frequent exposure to seasonal conditions in outside weather.
Occasional exposure to grease, oil, toxins or poisonous materials,
dust, loud noises, high humidity, and electrical or mechanical
Frequently required to operate power carpentry tools, lawnmower and
other garden tools, cleaning equipment, or paint sprayer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will
follow any other instructions, and perform any other related
duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
$25.00 per hour
Keywords: Mutual Housing Management, Davis , Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!