BLANK AST 4 (Fiscal Officer/Account Manager) - 7717
Company: University of California - Davis
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Chemistry Department is a large and complex academic and
research department located in the College of Letters and Science.
The department has state and extramural funds with expenditures of
approximately $33M annually including $13M in organized research.
There are 32 staff members, 43 senate faculty, 3 continuing
lecturers, many Federation appointees, Emeritus Faculty, Postdocs,
Pre-Six Lecturers, 250 graduate students and 750 undergraduate
Working under the general supervision of the Business Operations
Manager, manage faculty accounts and provide highly technical
financial services for the Department of Chemistry. Serve as back
up to the department grant analyst, and assist with department
events on an as needed basis.
Provide financial administration and analysis on extramural funding
sources, totaling over $33 million. Oversight includes: budget
administration, reporting, grant management, account management,
fiscal closing, and oversight of purchasing, accounts payable,
recharges and ledger reconciliation. Communicate with PIs
/Extramural/Accounting, Sponsored Programs/Financial Analyst/CAO to
resolve issues/coordinate operations. Prepare/review relevant
reports. Review accounts for corrections, expense transfer, budget
adjustments in accordance with procedures. Perform closeout of
incumbent accounts. Maintain compliance with Cost Principles for
Educational Institution for Grants/Contracts/Agency Agreements and
OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards. Serve as back-up event
coordinator for the department to assist with all department
faculty related events and visiting guest speakers.
No. of Positions
Percentage of Time
Full time 100%
Monday Friday; 8am 5pm
Apply by Date
* Sit at a computer desk for extended periods of time.
* Work in a busy environment with numerous interruptions.
* Work occasional overtime.
* Lift, move and carry boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
* Restricted use of vacation during peak periods.
* UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1,
2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use
of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly
prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and
outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
* Experience in contract and grant fiscal administration.
* Experience preparing budget drafts for proposals and awards.
* Analytical skills to anticipate/identify problems, compare data
to draw conclusions, develop goals/plans for resolution and
* Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with a
variety of people and explain complex projects.
* Experience using Microsoft Office and various web based
accounting applications and databases.
* Experience handling multiple, complex tasks and meeting
* Skills to interpret federal/state/University rules, regulations,
* Experience coordinating events, including lectures, banquets,
conferences and seminars.
* Knowledge of UC policies and procedures related to account
* Experience as an account manager/fiscal officer at the University
This position is a critical position and subject to a background
check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background investigation including criminal history and identity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
Keywords: University of California - Davis, Davis , BLANK AST 4 (Fiscal Officer/Account Manager) - 7717, Executive , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!