Vegetation Management Field Quality Control PM - Multiple Locations
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Requisition ID# 106860Job Category : Project / Program
ManagementJob Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Wildfire
Risk Department OverviewThe team members of Electric Operations
ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy
to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California.
Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's
electric distribution and transmission operations, including
planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset
management, business planning, restoration and emergency
response.The Wildfire Risk Organization is responsible for
assisting the company to act decisively and transparently to
prevent fires of consequence from being caused by our equipment.
The organization will develop objectives to:
- Prevent fires of consequence originating from our
- Meet all commitments outlined in our 2021 Wildfire Mitigation
- Continue to foster trusted relationships with key
- Develop consistent processes and work standards through the
implementation of the Lean Operating System for sustainable
operations going into 2022 and beyond.Position SummaryThe Field
Quality Control PM willreviewto ensure electric system safety,
reliability and regulatory compliance with state and federal rules.
They will serveas a subject matter expert and provides guidance and
education or influence leaders in the industry on regulatory issues
and work verification observations. This role will collaboratewith
customers and public entities to monitor and ensure vegetation
proximity to PG&E assets to contribute to system reliability
and safety objectives.We are hiring for 30 vegetation management
field quality control program manager's to work throughout our
service territory.The (3) regions in which you can be assigned to
can be: Sierra/North Valley; Bay Area/North Coast; Central
Valley/Central Coast. Therole will primarily work in the field with
a local office assigned within the territory to complete
administrative tasks. Job Responsibilities
- Conducts business in a safe and ethical manner in accordance
with company standard practices.
- Works with some guidance to complete assignments and solves
problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Completes field work verification to ensure quality vegetation
- Evaluates tree growth and performs hazard tree
- Prepares audit work package including audit work documents,
maps, checklists, forms, and related documents.
- Works with some guidance on moderately complex issues.
- Communicates with peers, exchanging ideas or gathering
information on overall program plan and goals within a specific
functional area of operations.
- May participate in public hearings, legal proceedings or
similar in support of the subject matter expert, may be the subject
- Conducts Quality Control reviews on all work groups within the
Vegetation Management Execution Teams.
- Contributes to implementation and creation of new concepts,
processes and ideas to further WV program advancement.
- Bachelors Degree in Forestry or job-related discipline or
- 3 years of job-related experienceDesired:
- ISA-International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist
Utility Specialist certification
- Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management
concepts, methods and techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Excellent
negotiation and collaboration skill, diplomacy and tact.
- Good organizational, time management, prioritization and
- Team collaboration skills.
- Good project and program management skills.
- Ability to assess and recommend based on strong technical
- Adaptable to changing and evolving business processes
- Knowledge of current utility and energy industry. issues,
trends and political, economic and social issues affecting the
- Ability to work within an environment that is heavily dependent
on laws and regulations and knowledge of how to interpret and apply
- Understands the basic organizational structure and how to
utilize available resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Davis , Vegetation Management Field Quality Control PM - Multiple Locations, Executive , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!