Assistant Property Manager
Company: Mutual Housing Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Please note:This position will be covering two housing
properties in Davis, California and the work schedule will be
Saturday through Wednesday 8:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m.Assistant Property
ManagerNon-Exempt Full-Time positionHourly Wage: $20.00 per
hourMutual Housing Management provides professional property
management services to Mutual Housing California's 19 affordable
multifamily properties. The mission of Mutual Housing Management is
to be an exceptional steward of Mutual Housing's portfolio of
multifamily housing properties to support long-term
sustainability.The Assistant Property Manager works side-by-side
with the Property Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operation of
the property, including resident satisfaction, wait-list
management, leasing, overseeing maintenance, and ensuring their
property are in compliance with standards and expectations of the
Property Management Operations Manual, other stated guidelines of
Mutual Housing Management and Mutual Housing California, fair
housing laws, and regulatory requirements of affordable housing
funders. The Assistant Property Manager should be able to assume
leadership and initiative in the absence of the Property Manager
and ensure the highest quality of customer service.SITE SPECIFIC
- Assist Property Manager in enforcing collection procedures
consistent with established policy and procedures. Monitor bad debt
- Assist Property Manager in preparing monthly accounting
reports, discuss and document discrepancies. Review monthly
operating statements and compliance with annual budget and
implement plans of action to optimize site profitability.
- Assist Property Manager in preparing the annual operating
budget and business plan for review with Property Supervisor.
- Collect all rents and other receivables due the property in
conformance with Mutual Housing Management Policy.PHYSICAL
- Coordinate the daily activities of the Maintenance Department
to ensure proper response to maintenance requests, preparation of
market ready vacancies and the overall quality of the community
- Assist Property Manager in performing and documenting interior
and exterior physical inspections as required by your Property
Manager, Property Supervisor, Regulatory Agencies, insurance
company, or financial institution (i.e., quarterly interior
inspections required on affordable properties.)
- Coordinate and monitor preventative maintenance schedules.
- Keep the Property Manager informed of any and all deferred
maintenance. Items concerning health and safety issues are to be
reported immediately to Portfolio Supervisor with a plan of action
- Ensure property compliance with all applicable ADA (Americans
with Disabilities Act), and Section 504 (FHAA) regulations.
- Assist Property Manager in preparing competitive bid packages
as required by approved budget and in accordance with company
- Assist Property Manager in performing written annual or
semi-annual unit inspections as required for your property and
follow up on any deficiencies with Maintenance staff or resident
regarding housekeeping or other observed lease
- Maintain an organized system for accurate record keeping
including resident files, marketing information, maintenance
records, purchasing, inspections, general correspondence and budget
- Maintain a property safety plan to ensure safe working
- Maintain a secure and accurate procedure for key control.
- Process all required forms and ensure the timely submission of
- Keep the Property Manager informed regarding resident
relations, correspondence and calls concerning resident issues.
Prepare property incident reports regarding all significant issues
involving accidents, injuries, physical emergencies, criminal
activity and similar important issues.
- Maintain Yardi data entry of resident receipts, accounts
payables, and other requirements established for the
- Assist in preparing and submitting accurate Weekly Rental
Report information to the Portfolio Supervisor on Monday
- Assist in preparing Market Survey (rent comparability) Reports
and ensure accuracy.
- Adhere to the resident selection criteria in accordance with
federal and state regulations and company policies and
- Maintain the highest physical and economic occupancy possible
at all times. Lease vacancies and apartments on notice,
professionally and as quickly as possible to reduce vacancy
- Develop advertisements for use in newspapers, Apartment Guides,
etc., for review by Property Supervisor.
- Minimum of two years' experience in housing and/or property
- High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws,
including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws. Experience
managing affordable housing developments, including HUD, Low Income
Tax Credits, Rural Housing, and Tax-Exempt Bond properties.
- Exposure to/familiarity with community organizing, services,
- Relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Comprehend and communicate in the English language both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Interpret and understand financial information generated from
property management software reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have own transportation, valid driver's license and
vehicle insurance that is commensurate with company policy.
- Work in a collaborative manner and in a team environment.
- Travel occasionally.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Define and solve problems.
- Understand and commit to the Mission and Philosophy of Mutual
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, or
- Certified Property Manager or similar certification
- Working knowledge of YARDI software.
- Second Language Fluency in a language commonly used in
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and
writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team
oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed
without being asked, following through.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time,
thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn,
embracing continuous improvement, accepting accountability when
- Resident focus: Striving for high resident satisfaction, going
out of our way to be helpful, responsive, attentive and
- Leadership (for those with direct reports): Setting clear
expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance,
holding people accountable.AccountabilityUnder minimal supervision,
exercises independent discretion in performance of most job
responsibilities. Exercises considerable latitude; work is reviewed
to determine if objectives were accomplished. Establishes project
objectives and delegates assignments. Decisions impact success of
large projects, achievement of organizational objectives, and
influence financial performance.Work Environment / Physical
DemandsThe work environment characteristics and physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to push/pull object less than 30 pounds, walk,
climb stairs and enter/exit buildings that are under construction,
occasionally, without normal ingress/egress available.
- Ability to read fine print on documents. Able to speak clearly
and make oneself-understood, while also understanding others using
the English language.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually
moderate. However, the noise levels at jobsites can be high.
- The employee is required to stand and walk, sometimes for
- The employee is required to work in outdoor weather
- Ability to understand and relate to concepts behind specific
ideas and remember multiple tasks/assignments given to others over
a period of days.
- Able to concentrate on moderate detail in both office and field
with moderate interruption.
- Able to attend task/function for more than 60 minutes at a
Keywords: Mutual Housing Management, Davis , Assistant Property Manager, Executive , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!