Company: Mutual Housing
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Property Manager Location: Sacramento/
Davis Department: Property Management Reports To: Regional Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt $23.00 - $26.00/ Hour ** Please Note - This
position requires the Property Manager to live onsite, in a
rent-free 2 Bedroom Apartment** Generous Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Employee Assistant
Program - fully covered for Employee
- Optional Life, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Identity
Theft Protection and Accident Insurance
- Generous paid time off, including16 paid holidays which
includes the week between Christmas and New Years
- Thank You Fridays: work to 2:00pm; paid through 5:00pm each
- 401K Retirement Plan - Employer match up to 6% - after 6 months
service. SUMMARY Mutual Housing Management provides professional
property management services to Mutual Housing California's 19
affordable multifamily properties. The mission of Mutual Housing
Management is to be an exceptional steward of Mutual Housing's
portfolio of multifamily housing properties to support long-term
sustainability. Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the
Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the
property, and the day-to-day implementation of those policies,
procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed,
well-maintained building within established management operating
and fiscal policies and assuring compliance with all regulatory
agencies and investors. This includes developing within the project
a supportive environment for all residents, assuring the project's
sound fiscal management, maintaining an acceptable occupancy level,
maintaining a clean, well-maintained building and grounds, managing
the onsite staff and their duties, interacting with and supervising
vendors, and if applicable, working with a Resident Council.
PROPERTY MANAGER'S SITE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES FINANCIAL:
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the
property and maintains all necessary financial records and files in
- Implement rental rate increases provided by the Regional
Manager and/or Compliance Manager (as approved by the Corporate
Broker) and enforce collection procedures consistent with
established policy and procedures. Managers must utilize the rent
schedule provided by the Regional Manager,
- Compliance Manager as representatives of the corporate broker.
Managers are not allowed to offer rents or negotiate rents that do
not conform to the published rental schedule. Monitor bad debt
write offs. Review with Regional
- Manager plans to implement rent increases.
- Approve property expenditures up to $500 and review for
conformance with the Chart of
- Accounts. Expenses over the approved amount set by the Regional
Manager requires Regional Manager
- Review monthly accounting reports with Regional Manager,
discuss and document discrepancies.
- Review monthly operating statements and compliance with annual
budget and implement plans of action
- to optimize site profitability.
- Provides initial draft of the annual site operating budget and
business plan for review with Regional Manager, under the guidance
of the corporate broker.
- Collect all rents and other receivables due the property in
conformance with Mutual Housing
- Management Policy. Supervises and completes daily deposits of
all monies collected.
- Reviews all delinquent accounts and resident receivables and
determines necessary course of action to collect outstanding
balances in consultation with the Regional Manager.
- Prepares weekly vacancy and delinquency reports. Submits in a
timely manner to Regional Manager.
- Completed a monthly budget variance report and submits
- Process applicants for vacant units under the direction of
Regional Manager and the corporate broker. Non-Resident Managers
are not allowed to sign leases or lease addendums unless they have
a valid CA real estate sales license that is placed under the
corporate broker's license. Leases at these properties must be
forwarded to the corporate broker unless the non-resident Manager
has their valid sales license. PHYSICAL:
- Supervise maintenance and porter staff, including any contract
or temporary personnel working at the property. Supervises the
daily activities of the maintenance team to ensure proper response
to maintenance requests, preparation of market ready vacancies and
the overall quality of the community appearance. Property Manager
and Maintenance staff should walk the property at least 3x per week
to provide proper oversight of the grounds, building exteriors,
walkways, community building, laundry rooms, etc.
- Supervises all vendors, contractors, and providers of service
to the property, whether paid or volunteer, to ensure completion
and quality of product provided.
- Supervises or performs the scheduling of routine maintenance
and janitorial work and completes regular follow up inspections on
maintenance and janitorial work.
- Perform and document interior and exterior physical inspections
as required by your Regional Manager, Regulatory Agencies,
insurance company, or financial institution (i.e., quarterly
interior or semi-annual inspections required on affordable
- Coordinate and monitor preventative maintenance schedules and
record preventative actions taken in accordance with the
- Keep the Regional Manager informed of all deferred maintenance.
Items concerning health and safety issues are to be reported
immediately to Regional Manager with a plan of action for
- Ensure property compliance with all applicable ADA (Americans
with Disabilities Act), and Section 504 (FHAA) regulations.
- Prepare competitive bid packages as required by approved budget
and in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform written semi-annual unit inspections as required for
your property and follow up on any deficiencies with Maintenance
staff or resident regarding housekeeping or other observed lease
violations. Provides direct assistance and direction during
after-hours emergencies, as needed.
- Completes and submits to the Regional Manager within 24 hours,
any incident that occurs on the property out of the ordinary or
which could become an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Ensures adherence to all maintenance requirements of Mutual
- Manages the day-to-day administration of the property office,
including answering telephones during normal business hours;
interacting with residents in a courteous and professional manner;
sorting, distributing, opening and answering mail daily; coding
invoices daily; and handling resident inquiries and concerns.
Ensures the office is clean and well organized and that the office
and staff are presentable to the public.
- Maintain an organized system for accurate record keeping
including resident files, marketing information, maintenance
records, purchasing, inspections, general correspondence and budget
- Maintains a secure and accurate procedure for key control as
set forth in the company policy.
- Process all required forms and ensure the timely submission of
- Monitor all federal, state, county and city agencies and notify
the Regional Manager of any ordinances effecting the property or
- Keep the Regional Manager informed regarding resident
relations, correspondence and calls concerning resident issues.
Prepare property incident reports regarding all significant issues
involving accidents, injuries, physical emergencies, criminal
activity and similar important issues.
- Schedule site personnel to appropriately prepare for off-hours
- Ensure all employees strictly adhere to Fair Housing Laws and
- Maintain Yardi data entry of resident receipts, accounts
payables, and other requirements established for the software.
- Submit accurate Weekly Rental Report information to the
Regional Manager and Administrative Assistant on Monday
- Prepare Market Survey (rent comparability) Reports and ensure
- Utilizes company provided rent schedule for all new vacancies
rental rates for prospective and current residents. All rents
offered must conform to the published rental rates provided by the
- Prepare marketing plans and resident profiles as requested by
- Adhere to the resident selection criteria in accordance with
federal and state regulations and company policies and
- Maintains full occupancy. Lease vacant apartments on notice,
professionally and in accordance with company policy of maintaining
less than 30 day of vacancy loss from the date of move out.
- Conducts applicant interviews, verifies potential resident
income, takes deposits and rents in accordance with Mutual
Housing's Tenant Selection Plan.
- Process applications for vacant units and prepare leases and
addendums for execution by the company's licensed corporate broker
(unless Manager resides on the site or has a real estate license
under the corporate broker's license).
- Develop advertisements for use in newspapers, Apartment Guides,
etc., for review by Regional Manager. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Communicate the training needs of your on-site personnel to
your Regional Manager.
- Continually train and develop the on-site personnel in all
facets of property management thereby providing an opportunity for
additional responsibilities. SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly
supervises one or more employees in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving
problems, under the supervision of the Regional Manager.
Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of three years' experience in
property management. Working knowledge of applicable local and
federal housing laws, including Fair Housing and Landlord and
Tenant laws. Experience generating property budgets and managing
affordable housing developments, including HUD, Low Income Housing
Tax Credits, Rural Housing, and Tax-Exempt Bond properties.
Exposure to/familiarity with community organizing, services, and
programs. PREFERRED PROPERTY MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Comprehend and communicate in the English language both orally
and in writing.
- Interpret and understand financial information generated from
property management software reports.
- Must have own transportation, valid driver's license and
vehicle insurance that is commensurate with company policy. Travel
- Work in a collaborative manner and in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive
and capable role model for team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Define and solve problems.
- Understand and commit to the Mission and Philosophy of Mutual
- Communication: Balanced listening and talking, articulating
clearly and accurately, keeping others informed. Ability to work in
challenging or confrontational work environments and to deescalate
situations involving staff or residents, where needed.
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team
oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed
without being asked, following through.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time,
thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn,
embracing continuous improvement, accepting accountability when
- Resident focus: Striving for high resident satisfaction, going
out of our way to be helpful, responsive, attentive and
- Leadership: Setting clear expectations, reviewing progress,
providing feedback and guidance, holding people accountable.
Demonstrated integrity on a professional level. EDUCATION: High
school diploma preferred. Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration, Real Estate, or related field is a plus. LIHTC or
HUD certifications preferred. ACCOUNTIBILITY: Under minimal
supervision, exercises independent discretion in performance of
most job responsibilities. Exercises considerable latitude; work is
reviewed to determine if objectives were accomplished. Establishes
project objectives and delegates assignments. Decisions impact
success of large projects, achievement of organizational
objectives, and influence financial performance. LANGUAGE ABILITY:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. MATH ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. WORK ENVIORNMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The
work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to push/pull object less than 30 pounds, walk,
climb stairs and enter/exit buildings that are under construction,
occasionally, without normal ingress/egress available.
- Ability to read fine print on documents. Able to speak clearly
and make oneself-understood, while also understanding others using
the English language.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually
moderate. However, the noise levels at jobsites can be high.
- The employee is required to stand and walk, sometimes for
- The employee is required to work in outdoor weather
- Ability to understand and relate to concepts behind specific
ideas and remember multiple tasks/assignments given to others over
a period of days. Able to concentrate on moderate detail in both
office and field with moderate interruption. Able to attend
task/function for more than 60 minutes at a time. The above job
description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties
and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by
their supervisor. PM20 PI206683950
Keywords: Mutual Housing, Davis , Property Manager, Executive , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...