RN - Per diem / Part-time shifts
Company: Yolo Hospice, Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Provides skilled nursing assessment, care and teaching, and care
evaluation in compliance with each patient's evolving hospice Plan
of Care. Ensures that nursing services are provided in compliance
with state and federal hospice and other regulations/requirements,
including in accordance with the policies and procedures of Yolo
Hospice. Ensures that documentation of provided and planned nursing
services is completed in a timely manner and made available to all
other staff, including on-call staff, to maintain continuity of
patient care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must have current California licensed as a Registered Nurse
(RN) in good standing with the State Board, and be CPR
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BS in Nursing
- Proven demonstrated experience and ability to triage telephone
requests for assistance; determines if patient/family needs
requires one on one assessment and interventions vs. ability to
provide direction via the phone.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in
English is required and additionally in Spanish is preferred.
- At least three years of acute care experience is require; home
care or hospice care is preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong clinical nursing skills as well as an
understanding of, and commitment to, the general philosophy and
goals of hospice care.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can work both
- Collaboratively, take initiative, set priorities, and organize
- Must demonstrate ability to make independent clinical and other
work-related decisions appropriately and to work effectively with
community physicians and other health care disciplines toward
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and to be able to
multi-task different duties in a tight time frame.
- Management experience is not required but must be able to
supervise Hospice Aides.
- Candidate must have weekend availability.
- Ability to successfully meet agency background screening
requirements.PHYSICAL & OTHER JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Ability and willingness to maintain and drive a personal
vehicle. A valid California driver's license and state-required
automobile insurance are required.
- Ability to safely lift medical equipment (e.g. a wheelchair)
weighing up to 35 pounds and to assist family/caregivers with
transferring and ambulating patients as safety requires;
considerable walking and standing may be required.
- Must have visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
tasks and duties.
- Ability and willingness to flex or add work hours to meet
scheduled on-call shifts during evenings, weekends, and holidays as
required.As a per diem nurse of Yolo Hospice, you will be eligible
- Agency bonuses and flexible work schedule based on
- Employee Supplemental plan options (hospital, disability, life,
cancer, legal and fraud protection)
- 403(b) retirement - employer match contribution
- Ongoing training and education
- Paid sick leave based on position and participation in various
agency eventsYolo Hospice provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Yolo Hospice, Inc, Davis , RN - Per diem / Part-time shifts, Healthcare , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!