Care Partner/Caregiver - Full-Time 2nd Shift
Company: Carlton Senior Living Davis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Great Place to Work Certified!:
Must be able to work weekends.:
Working as a Care Partner/Caregiver, you will follow a care plan
and assist our residents in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
including but not limited to: continence care, showering, grooming,
dressing, transfer, and meal assistance. You will also provide
emotional support and enrichment while monitoring the resident's
health and notifying management of any changes in condition.:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and
predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
including, but not limited to: continence care, showering,
grooming, transfer assistance, and meal assistance.
- Follow a care plan and document provided care accordingly.
- Read, follow and sign any care plans and posted messages and/or
updates during each shift.
- Provide emotional support and enrichment to the residents.
- Monitor residents' health and inform management/direct
supervisor of any concerns or change in condition.
- Enhance the lives of older adults by assisting them with
patience and respect.
- Embrace teamwork and collaboration among all staff.
- Remain up to date on all company-provided trainings.
- Attend periodic staff meetings and in- -- service training and
mandatory meetings as required.
- During your shift, utilize a company-provided phone to access
care plans and chart care accordingly.
- Keep any internal charts current, know of each resident's
needs, and report all observed physical and emotional changes in
residents to the Shift Manager.
- Report should occur by the end of the shift and should be
documented in the changeover notes, unless immediate intervention
- Observe Resident's Rights, as posted within the facility.
Promptly respond to resident calls for assistance.
- In Emergency situations, assist residents according to the
Emergency Plan of the facility.
- Maintain a cooperative and cheerful attitude when relating to
residents or their guests.
- Assist residents with daily recreational activities, including
crafts, games, music and exercise and encourage participation.
- Know the location and disposition of all residents (under
direct care) at all times during shift.
- Ensure that all residents remain clean/dignified/presentable at
- Assist with dressing, applying makeup, combing hair, cleaning
eyeglasses, and assisting with other personal grooming tasks as
- Keep resident's rooms in proper order throughout the day,
including tidying rooms, making beds, and putting clothes away.
Assist residents by providing for their comfort, safety
- Be 18 years of age or older and pass a criminal background
check (California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Section
- Respectful and professional interpersonal skills.
- Dependable, reliable, and flexible regarding scheduling and
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instruction.:PHYSICAL
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to, stoop, kneel, bend
over, reach overhead, push, and pull.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and
ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to have visual and hearing acuity
sufficient enough to assess employee and resident safety and
ability may be required to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.:EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum high school education or GED.
- One month related experience or training preferred, but not
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CNA preferred, but not required.:CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (obtained through
- Current health screen/Physical, negative TB screening, and
negative Covid screening (obtained through community)
- Current Criminal Record Clearance/DOJ Background Check and
fingerprinting (obtained through community)
- Driver's License or Valid State ID.:
Keywords: Carlton Senior Living Davis, Davis , Care Partner/Caregiver - Full-Time 2nd Shift, Healthcare , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!