Company: Davis Food Co-op
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Davis Food Coop - Davis, CA
$15.00 - $21.67
Support store operations by stocking, prepping, serving customers,
while maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the kitchen
and providing customers with friendly and helpful service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Customer Service Responsibilities - exceed our customer's
expectations for service, quality and provide a welcoming
environment for all in accordance with the DFC's customer service
- Greet and offer assistance to customers - follow the 10-4
- Demonstrate proper phone etiquette and delivery of
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
2. Departmental Responsibilities
- Serve customers in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Adhere to proper procedures for packaging, weighing, and
pricing items for customers.
- Help customers make product selections by answering questions
and providing information about ingredients.
- Ensure accurate and efficient stocking.
- Ensure accurate and efficient cashiering.
- Ensure that all products are faced and fronted for easy
availability and store appearance.
- Maintain organized cases and back stock area and be able to
locate products with a minimum amount of trouble.
- Demonstrate an understanding of who is responsible for ordering
which products and o ordering deadlines and arrival dates; have
excellent knowledge of the products we sell.
- Take orders.
- Conduct quarterly inventory of floor area and back stock
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
3. Clerk Duties
- Adhere to scheduled shifts and be ready for work when the shift
- Follow instructions; respond to management direction.
- Maintain accurate and attractive signage within your
- Follow store policies and procedures.
- Keep department orderly and clean.
4. Safety and Sanitation Responsibilities
- Wear proper clothing during shift - including, as assigned,
chef's coat, head covering, apron/vest and nametag, close-toe
shoes, and shirts with sleeves.
- Avoid injury; demonstrate proper lifting techniques and follow
proper steps in the event of an injury.
- Follow accepted food safety practices.
- Handle all store equipment with care; observe all safety
precautions and assist others in doing so.
- Follow DFC safety policy at all times and assist in maintaining
all areas of the store in safe condition.
- Complete hourly sweeps and/or temperature checks.
5. Staff Relation Duties
- Maintain professional working relationship with fellow
coworkers and communicate relevant information to coworkers.
- Follow all store policies and procedures.
6. Abide by all DFC policy and procedures as specified in the DFC
7. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTION MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
competencies in the following matters:
1. Customer Service
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Be consistently at work and arrive on time.
- Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follow instructions
- Respond to management direction.
4. Work Quality
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Apply feedback to improve performance.
- Monitor own work to ensure quality.
5. Work Quantity
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Strive to increase productivity.
- Stay on task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following
requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Language Ability
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence,
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-to-one and small group
situations to customers and other employees.
2. Math Ability
- Add and subtract two-digit numbers and mentally multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Perform these calculations using units of U.S. currency and
units of weight, volume, and distance.
3. Reasoning Ability
- Apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed written
or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
4. Computer Skills
- Demonstrate basic skills in email, Word, and Excel.
5. Operational Equipment Skills
- Operate a manual pallet jack.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Daily Physical Demands
- Stand for six hours.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Walk, climb, or balance and stoop.
- Lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Talk and hear.
2. Specific Vision Ability
- Have close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and
The work environment described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Occasional Exposure to;
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme cold (non-weather).
- Wet or humid (non-weather).
2. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Davis Food Co-op, Davis , Deli Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!