Human Resources Partner
Company: University Retirement Community
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:University Retirement Community is a Continuing Care
Retirement Community (CCRC) located in Davis, California. We have
an exciting job opening for an experienced full-time Human Resource
Partner. Our passionate and friendly staff of 200 employees works
collaboratively to provide a range of services from dining,
activities, and healthcare to our residents all aimed and providing
them with a comfortable and carefree lifestyle. Come join our
dynamic team!What you'll be doing:You will provide assistance,
organization, and support to our Human Resources Director. While
you work together as a team, your role will be primary responsible
for new employee onboarding and orientation, employee relations,
benefits enrollment, analytics and strategic reporting, and aspects
of employee training. Please see the "How you'll do it" section for
more information.Benefits Include:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and vision for full-time
- 401k with company match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee mealsResponsibilities:How you'll do it:
- Manage assigned employee relation matters and support internal
- Contribute to recruiting efforts by initiating and processing
pre-employment checks, making employment offers, onboarding, and
ensuring timely communication with new hires.
- Conduct on-boarding/orientation for new employees. Ensure new
employees become comfortable with company culture and are aware of
human resources support.
- Manage employee personal files and ensure regulatory
- Work to support compliance with employment and human resources
regulations and notify all changes to the Human Resources Director
and Human Resources Departments.
- Manage the Worker's Compensation Program and required OSHA
- Support employee insurance enrollment and various wellness and
- Update employee communication boards, and prepare materials for
staff educational resources and review. Participate and assist in
employee engagement activities and planning initiatives.
- Serve on the safety committee, and work to ensure employees
understand safety practices and policies.
- Track and file all leave of absences, employee evaluations,
licenses, certifications, state and federal requirements and other
various reports in HRIS system.
- Collect, analyze, and manage data entry for strategic reporting
on various human resource initiatives.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Actively build relationships and participate in networking
opportunities for potential candidate pipeline.Qualifications:About
you: The ideal candidate will have a desire to be helpful, possess
a proactive approach to issues, display strong emotional
intelligence, be a self-starter, provide great customer service to
staff and managers, have the ability to remain calm and collected
under pressure and be respectful and professional at all times. We
would love to find someone who has a passion for HR and wants to be
mentored and learn from our experienced HR Director. If this is
you, please apply!
- Three (3) years' HR experience is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related
field is preferred.
- Prior experience in healthcare, hospitality, senior living, or
related field is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills; especially MS Office and HRIS
- Oral and written communication skills demonstrating
professionalism and influence.
- Working knowledge of employment law.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP certifications are
preferred. It is expected that upon hire you will work toward
professional certification(s) within a year.
- Pre-employment testing includes COVID test, drug testing,
fingerprint background check, reference checks, TB test and
physical examination. Weekly COVID tests are required.
Keywords: University Retirement Community, Davis , Human Resources Partner, Human Resources , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!