Posted on: May 13, 2022
HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international
agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE
specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable
seeds. From the world market to the farmer's market, we collaborate
with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the
agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality
vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and
state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side
with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable
vegetable seeds available.POSITION SUMMARYUnder limited
supervision, the Payroll Supervisor is responsible for all payroll
and/or timekeeping activities for HM Clause, Inc.in the AMPA region
and affiliated companies within the parent company Limagrain. The
Payroll Supervisor is primarily responsible for supporting the
business by developing, maintaining, and overseeing the efficient
function of the Payroll and Timekeeping Function. The Payroll
Supervisor will oversee all critical payroll and timekeeping tasks
in terms of internal controls and procedures, including developing
and enforcing standards, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of
payroll processing, and compliance including maintenance of files
and records for audit purposes.
Develops, implements, and/or maintains one or more payroll
processing and accounting systems. Reviews and interprets payroll
reporting requirements, rules, and regulations. Balances payroll
records, prepares reports, and monitors such reports. Reviews
payroll related tax reporting returns prepared by payroll provider.
Processes payroll related information from multiple sources such as
HRIS and Payroll Systems. Calculates specific accrued liabilities
for vacation and other payroll related accounting entries. Creates
and or reviews journal entries related to payroll accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
A. Payroll Processing and Payroll Accounting
- Coordinate the processing of regular bimonthly for 400+
employees and seasonal workers in multi-state offices, prepare
journal entries for posting to the general ledger, and close each
cycle in a timely manner consistent with internal governance and
- Process payroll related information from multiple sources, such
as HRIS and payroll systems, JDE for: new hires, terminations,
status changes, rate changes; tax changes, deductions, direct
deposit; time sheet data
- Process new deductions for garnishments, withholdings, liens,
and other payroll related deductions.
- Coordinates and processes pay for employees on leave of
absence. Calculates pay integration with state disability and
insurance disability payments.
- Calculates and process special checks, retroactive adjustment,
reviews, and corrections/adjustments.
- Process employee statements of earnings, deductions and
- Respond to routine employee inquiries related to salaries and
wages, missing or incomplete timecards, cancelled checks, bonus,
profit sharing, garnishments, accrued sick leave, vacation, and
other related items.
- Manage 401(K) and funding requests to ensure timely and
accurate general ledger postings to the business and team member
- Calculates specific accrued liabilities for vacation and other
payroll related accounting entries.
- Creates and or reviews journal entries related to payroll
- Reconciles payroll related accrued liabilities to the general
ledger on a monthly basis.B. Compliance and Government
- Ensure compliance with company policies, federal, state and
local government regulations, reporting and Labor & Tax law
- Develop and enforce standards, to ensure the accuracy and
timeliness of payroll processing.
- Work with internal departments to implement new and changing
requirements by both the government and company.
- Develop and implement all critical payroll internal controls,
policies, and procedures.
- Develop and prepare general ledger reconciliation reports
summarizing salary and wages, sales, profit sharing relocation,
commissions, bonus, deductions, withholdings, etc. to other
third-party instruments i.e. payroll software, benefits vendors,
IRS Forms, etc.
- Partner with the Benefits Specialist to reconcile the benefit
deductions from employee pay with invoiced amounts from benefits
vendors. Researches and resolves any discrepancies in a timely
manner. Tracks and reports benefits write-offs to Accounting for
the General Ledger.
- Annual reporting of earnings and deductions for various audits,
including annual Non-Discrimination Testing for 401(k) and pension
- Executes all post-processing audits to validate payroll
accuracy and make any necessary adjustments with the goal of an
- Prepare payroll related financial reports as requested by
- Serve as key reference for all annual external audits.
- Stay current with Federal/State labor Law and payroll taxes
while continuous developing skills and knowledge.C. Payroll/Time
and Attendance System Administration
- Work with HR and IT as necessary to manage the implementation
and maintenance of payroll and payroll related systems and oversee
all time and attendance software application.
- Ensure payroll systems are designed, developed, tested, and
implemented to support our growth, complexity, and scale. Serve as
the expert for payroll matters ensuring that cases are resolved as
quickly as possible with a focus on providing superior customer
- Ensure the ongoing quality control and auditing of the system's
calculations and functionality. Coordinate with the System
Administrator on scheduled upgrades or system enhancements.D.
Affiliated Company Oversight
- Provide consultative payroll expertise and oversight to
- Audit affiliated company payroll transactions to ensure
compliance with regulations, company policies and procedures.
Provide payroll reports and related documents to affiliated
- Involvement with parent company reporting on a periodic
- Exposure with overseeing regional payroll processing.E. Special
Projects as Assigned
- Create training and development opportunities for management
related to payroll and timekeeping policies, procedures, and system
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in Business or Accounting preferred or equivalent
combination of education
- 4 - 7 years progressive payroll experience in a multi-state
- Experience as a Payroll Supervisor preferred.
- International payroll experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel,
Outlook, Word, Power Point)
- JD Edwards One World or Oracle experience desired.
- Ceridian Payroll/ Timekeeping experience preferred.
- Comfortable working with various HRIS systems
- CPP certification preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design
and implementation of
payroll processes and policies, systems, internal controls, and
- Proven experience resolving complex payroll matters, evaluating
risks, analyzing possible
outcomes and making good decisions based on the information
- Must be fluent in English; Spanish or French fluency a plus
COMPETENCIESTechnical Skills - Proficient with Microsoft Office
(Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point), JD Edwards One World, Oracle,
or other ERP systems experience a plus. English language Fluency
required, Spanish or French language fluency a plus. Ability to
generate new, creative approaches to problems, or original
modifications/innovations to established approaches.
Interpersonal Skills - Demonstrated strong presentation, oral and
written communication skills. Ability to work across all levels of
the organization. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from management, peers, staff, outside
agencies, customers and auditors.
Teamwork - Team player with a positive attitude. Ability to
facilitate teamwork among staff, as well as with other groups
throughout the organization. Ability to build trust with all
functional areas within the organization.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Accountable for
decisions made within the scope of responsibility, with the focus
on meeting established short term and long-term goals and
Professionalism - Highly self-motivated individual, possessing
strong organizational skills. Results oriented. Deadline focused
and motivated. Strong accounting insight needed. Must possess a
high amount of integrity.
Keywords: HM.CLAUSE, Davis , Payroll Supervisor, Human Resources , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!