Software Manager - Ag Robotics Start-Up
Posted on: January 5, 2022
We build robots for the next frontier of farming.We are a
venture-backed startup based in Davis, CA, and we build robots to
address some of farmings toughest tasks. Heres what we can offer to
you that you cant get anywhere else:
The chance to transform an industry and improve the lives of
millions of farmworkers. First-hand exposure to an endless supply
of incredibly challenging technical problems. The pressure to
invent cutting-edge solutions to said problems (and mess up along
the way). Limitless career upside: you grow as we grow. The chance
to live in the burbs of sunny California and ride your bike to a
farm for work everyday. A workplace that encourages building,
learning and deploying. See your work in the field!
Still interested? Read our mission and the job description below to
see if youre a good fit for us!Use your powers for good!
- Manage complex software engineering R&D projects in
robotics and industrial automation.
- Manage a software engineering team of 5-8 direct reports, some
of which lead small teams themselves.
- Manage scope, schedule, and resources on all software projects
in order to hit key milestones.
- Provide scrappy and clever solutions to overcome roadblocks as
they come up; work through problems as an individual contributor
and/or mentor. Be prepared to write software and coach others!
- Develop future engineering team leaders and take on multiple
projects as our business grows.Heres what well look for when we
select someone to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience as an individual contributor in software
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience: you have a track
record of managing successful teams.
- Deep technical expertise in Computer Science. BS required, MS
- Experience with R&D Engineering team best practices:
collaboration (i.e. Git) and project management (Gantt charts, MSFT
- You are organized and have good communication skills. You can
both inspire and discipline a team.
- You are excited to work through problems in the field. Please
expect 10% seasonal travel to farms.
- You take deadlines seriously and like a high risk/high reward
Legal work status in the US- please do not apply if you need visa
sponsorship now or in the future.
Keywords: Advanced.farm, Davis , Software Manager - Ag Robotics Start-Up, IT / Software / Systems , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!