Company: Parker And Lynch
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Parker and Lynch is currently conducting a search for a Software
Engineer who will assist in the design, development, layout,
testing, and evaluation of software solutions to monitor andcontrol
mechanical and electro-mechanical devices.
Essential Job Functions:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential function
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities
include up to and not limited to:
- Under general supervision, incumbent will design, develop,
code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to
- existing software.
- Develop software solutions by following software development
lifecycle requirements gathering, prototyping,
- architectural design, implementation, testing and debugging,
support with product release, customer training and
- software maintenance.
- Participate in code reviews and peer reviews
- Collaborate with other programmers to design and implement
- Documents requirements and design specifications using flow
charts, UML diagram, sequence diagrams
- Follow change management workflow and clearly documents source
code for traceability
- Work with technical staff to understand and resolve problems
with software, resolve customer complaints with
- software, and respond to suggestions for improvements and
enhancements in a team environment.
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies, programming
techniques, and determine feasibility of integration of new
- concepts into new and existing software products
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- 2+years of software development experience (windows desktop
and/or web applications).
- Strong understanding of software fundamentals, database design,
web application development.
- Experience with SQL (Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres) and NoSQL
(Mongo DB) databases.
- Experience developing applications using C/C++/C#, ASP.net, and
- Ability to verify and analyze software defects.
- Ability to collaborate with international teams to ensure clear
definition of specifications and requirements.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins or Azure
Nice to have:
- Application development using Azure platform services
- Experience with visualization and analysis of time series data,
like Power BI or Tableau etc...
- Experience with application development for IIoT
Work Environment:We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain
a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
screeningGeneral office environment will be experienced. There will
be periodic exposure to manufacturing environments whichmay present
hazards such as noise, electricity, chemicals, heavy equipment, and
other automated and manual machinery.
Physical Demands:Frequent: Sitting at desk, utilizing computers and
phones, standing and walking.Periodic: Repetitive foot, leg, hand,
arm, shoulder, and torso movements.Occasional: Bending, squatting,
stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Lifting or moving up to
- Great Benefits
- 401K Matching
- Yearly bonus
- Salary depends experience and skills, there is a big cushion
over the 110K mark if that helps.by Jobble
Keywords: Parker And Lynch, Davis , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!