IDENTITY AND ACCESS SERVICES ARCHITECT (IT ARCHITECT 5)
Company: UC Davis (Campus/Health)
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The mission of Information and Educational Technology (IET) is to
create and support an information technology environment that
enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do
research and provide public service. In support of the University's
mission, IET will deliver an infrastructure of technological
services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.To
see IET job postings and complete job descriptions, please visit NO
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.Enterprise
Infrastructure Services creates, deploys, and manages business,
academic, and infrastructure systems. Identity and Access
Management makes use of a broad framework to create a common
'identity database' holding secure summary information about
faculty, students, staff, and in a future phase, patients. The
information stored is used to support login and authentication to
UC Davis computer systems and networks.This position serves as the
architect and senior-level developer for complex mission critical
systems and applications used by the entire population of student,
faculty, staff, and university affiliates. This position has impact
beyond the campus, functioning as an interface point with federated
applications and inter-campus infrastructure solutions.JOB
SUMMARYUnder the direction of the Manager of Identity & Access
Management, this position works with a high degree of
decision-making autonomy in the area of Identity and Access
Management Services. Serves as architect and senior-level developer
for complex and mission-critical systems. Assumes role of
organization-wide expert. Leads projects and develop solutions of
critical importance. Manages Identity and Access Management
services product roadmaps to ensure alignment with business
strategy; collecting and prioritizing requirements, and ensuring
the services meet appropriate security and regulatory compliance.
Analyzes existing systems and program modules, reviews existing
documentation, and facilitates interview meetings with clients and
subject matter experts to define business requirements.
Troubleshoots operational problems and apply effective solutions.
Leverages expert knowledge of a range of systems, platforms,
software architectures, and network and software protocols to
inform the strategic vision for Identity and Access Management
applications.POSITION INFORMATION Salary Range $7,725.00/mo. -
$19,183.33/mo. No. of Positions 1 Appointment Type Career
Percentage of Time Full Time 100% Shift Hours Monday Friday, hours
TBD Location Davis, Ca Union Representation No Benefits Eligible
Yes Apply by Date 4/22/2020 PHYSICAL DEMANDSSit for extended
periods of time working at a computer terminal using a keyboard and
- Due to the mission-critical services provided by this
department, this position may work hours other than M-F 8-5,
especially in response to system problems.
- May be routinely on-call as required to ensure systems
- Work in a busy office environment with frequent
- Vacation limited during peak business periods.
- Adhere to workplace safety practices, read information
communicated about workplace safety, complete required safety
training on time, and report any workplace safety issues promptly
to their supervisor or the designated safety coordinator
- Adherence to published safety policies and practices.
- This position is a critical position and subject to a
background check. Employment is contingent upon successful
completion of background investigation including criminal history
and identity check.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use
of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine
products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis
owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking
lots and residential space.QUALIFICATIONSRequired:
- Experience with architecture and design of complex software
solutions, applications and diverse systems, consistent with
business requirements; and write technical specifications.
- In-depth working Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Experience with overall user access management.
- Extensive experience with account management, account
provisioning and de-provisioning, roles management, and password
- Experience using programming skills in a major programming
- Experience with LDAP and Active Directory.
- Experience implementing single sign-on solutions for web based
applications, utilizing username/password, tokens, SAML, and
- Thorough understanding of authentication and authorization
mechanisms, Identity Federation, and MFA.
- Experience in relational technology and developing and using
Structured Query Language (SQL) to perform queries on database
platforms such as MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience managing applications that contain data subject to
governmental regulations, such as FERPA.
- Experience in developing standards-based inter-application
communication using SOAP or other web services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or
- Experience converting business requirements into technical
specifications for large, multi-functional, web-based software
applications that must integrate within a complex, service
- Skilled in use of software packaging and release management
processes; including utilizing issue tracking, release tracking,
continuous integration and build artifact repository systems (e.g.
Jira, Bamboo, Maven)
- Experience using organization and analytical skills to assume
general assignments, simultaneously work on multiple projects, work
with competing priorities and deadlines and independently follow
projects through to completion.
- Experience with long-term planning in a technical
- Experience developing and supporting Identity & Access
Governance including Role based access control, access request and
- Experience migrating legacy Identity and Access Management
applications to new solutions.
- Experience defining complex business requirements for software
applications and systems and to write effective business
- Experience with the use of vendor Identity and Access
Management software (Oracle Identity Manager, SailPoint, Okta,
- Experience with the use of vendor driver software, ODBC, and
JDBC to connect to databases.
- Experience using full-term software development life-cycle,
including the use of a revision control system such as Github,
Bitbucket, or Microsoft Visual Studio and bug reporting systems
such as Jira.
- Interpersonal and written communication skills to communicate
with all hierarchical and technical levels at the University and to
prepare and present written and oral reports.
- Experience mentoring junior programmers and/or students in the
- Experience communicating and/or describing technical
specifications and requirements to technical and non-technical
- Experience with RedHat Linux and Windows server operating
- Skilled in building loosely-coupled, service-oriented
distributed systems.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSBackground CheckThis
position is a critical position and subject to a background check.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background
investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
var RichTextValue =
(typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject !=
null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue; EEO/AA
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
var RichTextValue =
(typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject !=
null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Keywords: UC Davis (Campus/Health), Davis , IDENTITY AND ACCESS SERVICES ARCHITECT (IT ARCHITECT 5), Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!