Practice Area Lead
Company: West Yost & Associates, Inc
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Practice Leader we are seeking will have the desire to drive
our capabilities to new heights by working directly with clients
and team members to lead advances in the practice of Infrastructure
management in our communities. This leader would have strong
experience in capturing and delivering projects, developing and/or
nurturing client relationships, and mentoring and managing
staff.This position will provide valuable support to the
Infrastructure Business Sector Manager by assuming leadership of a
team of staff in practice area related to the Sector: including
staff development, workload planning/tracking, growth and
profitability, quality control, proposal preparation, business
development, and fostering good overall team morale and positive
client relationships.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Attracting, retaining, coaching, developing, and motivating
staff to reliably deliver and provide excellent service to our
- Being an important communication point for staff to help the
Business Sector Manager better maintain the pulse and morale of the
- Preparing and conducting technical review of staff, reports,
correspondence, calculations and preparing technical
- Mentoring engineer staff on technical matters and procedures
and acting as a technical resource. Establishing and maintaining
technical and professional expertise in one or more specialty areas
at levels beyond staff engineer and becoming a technical resource
to other staff as well as external clients.
- Acting as project manager or team member on major design and
construction support efforts. Effectively directing projects from
planning through completion. Keeping timely track of project
progress, schedule, and budget. Monitoring project scopes;
requesting contract amendments whenever appropriate.
- Establishing and fostering client relations and developing
proposals and budgets. Meeting with clients to determine
recommended project scope, estimating staffing requirements and
- Using technical knowledge to develop technical studies/reports
- Working closely with other engineers and managers to balance
workload demands amongst current staff. Making recommendations to
senior management as to additional staff and resource needs.
Assigning staff and other resources, working with other managers to
balance overall company workload and best utilize personnel.
- Direct preparation of and providing quality assurance for plans
and contract documents for construction of improvements within
- Being vital to the day-to-day execution of project work and
maintaining focus on key objectives and milestones for the practice
area as determined by the Business Sector Manager.REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in in Civil/Environmental Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in civil engineering consulting or
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, work with others, mentor and support a
- Ability to establish trust and commitment both internally and
externally with clients.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new methods
- Must effectively communicate with all project team
- Master's degree in in Civil/Environmental Engineering.
- Emphasis on environmental/water resources engineering.
- Proven ability to managing multiple priorities and
deadlines.West Yost Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
employee owned, and offers a competitive salary and generous
benefits package.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: West Yost & Associates, Inc, Davis , Practice Area Lead, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!