Entry Building Maintenance - Highlands Property Management - Year Round
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Entry Maintenance Technician will provide assistance
with repairs and systems maintenance, new construction,
modifications, remodeling and inspections for Northstar properties
in the management program including condominiums, townhomes, and
single family homes. This role will require work to be performed
between two different Properties under Northstar’s Management -
Northstar Lodging properties and Constellation Residences at
Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance tasks as assigned by
Responsibilities routinely include but are not limited
- Unclog drains & toilets
- Light pilot lights (furnace, fireplace & water
- Adjust thermostats (furnace and refrigerators)
- Program remote controls
- Re-set breakers and garbage dispsols
- Replace light bulbs
- Re-set screen, shower and closet doors
- Replace batteries
- Replace faulty telephones
- Troubleshoot internet and cable TV issues
- Inspection of condition of units
- Change light bulbs as needed
- Perform furnace filter changes as needed or requested
- Testing carbon monoxide and/or smoke detectors and reporting
- Compliance Program as needed
- Provides insight into inventory of replacement parts, supplies
- Assists in development of programs of regular preventive
maintenance for all equipment.
- Requires problem solving and initiation of less clearly defined
job activities. May make relatively complex decisions about
materials and equipment.
- Communicate with housekeeping and building maintenance to
complete work orders in a timely fashion.
- Complete paperwork/electronic paperwork in a timely
- Guest pre check-in inspections prior to guest arrivals (make
sure lights are working, heat is on, catch any issues, etc.)
- Guest Departure inspections (doors locked, lights off, heat
off, trash removed etc.) as needed
- Create Work Order requests by reporting any major repairs
needed to Building Maintenance.
- Linen bag pick up in overall rental areas including houses as
- Delivery services for guest amenities and general items as
- Perform all other duties as assigned, requested or deemed
necessary for guest service
- Maintains a friendly and courteous demeanor at all times.
- This role includes heavy interactions with guests.
Professionalism must be demonstrated at all times.
- Must be able to work in a team environment based on the
Northstar Commitment and Values.
- Requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing with
some precision in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Must possess an understanding of basic mathematical
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability
to interact with guests and customers of the resort in a friendly
and accommodating manner.
- Requires skills in plumbing, carpentry, and electrical
- Additional experience in the resort industry is
- Certificate from a college or technical school; one year
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and
outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally
exposed to high, precarious places.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain
park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for
families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra
Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a
few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore
everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar
team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25
Ski Towns in the World." www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 289188
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Davis , Entry Building Maintenance - Highlands Property Management - Year Round, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!