Brown and Caldwell is looking for a Project Manager to help
execute infrastructure projects for our Northern California
municipal water and wastewater clients. Our Team works on a wide
variety of projects from pipeline design to water supply wells and
reservoir projects to condition assessments for existing pipelines
and treatment facilities. Projects include both conventional
design/bid/build and alternative delivery such as design/build. In
addition, candidate will have a significant role in business
When you join Brown and Caldwell, you will enjoy a unique and
welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical,
collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your
best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project
managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage
your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting,
challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client
This is a rare opportunity to lead major projects and deliver
exceptional service to our well-established clients. This senior
level position will be responsible for managing planning and design
projects that focus primarily on pumping systems, collection
systems and water distribution systems. In addition, ideal
candidate will maintain and enhance relationships with existing
clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established
and growing company that places high value on exceptional client
service, good science and employee growth and satisfaction.
Specific duties may include the following:
- Provide project management and design support on a variety of
wastewater, potable water, and recycled water infrastructure
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
- Provide consultation in specialized areas related to efficient
design management for infrastructure planning and design.
- Perform technical research and be able to communicate and apply
- Lead project teams in planning and/or designing a major
engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and
- Support sales teams and contribute to business development and
- Supervise, delegate and oversee the work of technical staff and
- Assist with the preparation of technical memoranda, reports,
drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract
- Support construction projects with office and field engineering
services (submittal review, contract document interpretation,
inspection) when required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related
engineering field required;
- Candidates should have a California PE license
- Minimum of 5+ years of increasingly responsible, professional
experience in the study, design, and construction administration of
municipal water and wastewater facilities;
- The candidate should have the ability to successfully manage
clients and projects in a collaborative fashion and interface with
Brown and Caldwell's local, regional, and national water/wastewater
practitioners as well as help mentor junior staff.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in organization and presentation of
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented, and have
the ability to work and excel under tight deadlines.
- Previous business development experience (writing winning
proposals and successfully pursuing work) is a plus
- Ability to focus on client needs while balancing multiple
priorities including but not limited to project management, design,
bidding and construction management services.
Benefits and Other Compensation: We provide a comprehensive
benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and
success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term
disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid
time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement
savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus
eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet
insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full
list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a
full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with
52 offices and 1,700 professionals across North America and the
Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge
environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and
government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice-to our
clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional
quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our
commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join
us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach
new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development
opportunities. For more information, visit
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check
and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not
accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate
without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement
request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer.
Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to
apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs
and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act