Posted on: June 8, 2021
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea
and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance
of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging
conventions and investing in our 23 000+ employees, across 48
countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working
experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and
engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly
The Manufacturing Engineer acts as a liaison between
manufacturing and new product development engineering departments
during the transition of new products to manufacturing. The ME
supports production with fixturing, work instructions, test
applications, and problem solving to ensure current products are
built to Schilling's standards and assures that robust
manufacturing systems are in-place, maintained and continuously
improved to meet safety, quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
This position also designs, builds and integrates test fixtures in
collaboration with the PCA/PCB supplier.
- Participates on new product development teams to ensure design
for manufacturing requirements are being met and manufacturing
readiness activities are complete prior to design release.
- Interacts with Product Development and Production Operations to
launch new products, maintain common processes, methods, standards
and introduce new design for manufacturing concepts to Product
- Works with Product Improvement and Production Operations to
implement design changes needed to eliminate waste in current
product fabrication, assembly manufacturing and test
- Responds to the daily demands of production by conducting root
cause analysis and solving quality, product, and process related
- Interacts with external suppliers for selection and necessary
problem solving activity.
- Reviews schematics and PCA layouts, designs fixtures and
functional tests for production PCAs. Reviews and approves PCB
stackups from the supplier. Participates in electrical and firmware
first article approval process.
- Initiates design changes to increase product manufacturability
and documentation accuracy. Updates documentation (drawings, BoMs,
Work Instructions, etc.) using the Product Change Order process.
Manages redline drawings through PCO completion.
- Generates and maintains process documentation including work
instructions, BoMs, procedures, and drawings. Develops and revises
work instructions from input provided by assembly technicians and
by leading and participating in production builds.
- Manages internal production routers in Visibility (TechnipFMC
Schilling's MRP system).
- Develop new manufacturing capabilities based on product design,
materials, fabrication, tooling, fixturing, production equipment,
assembly methods, safety and quality requirements.
- Applies and promotes TPS and lean product and process
development methodologies (LPPD) to continuously improve current
manufacturing processes and transition new products into
- Participates in implementing assembly cells and production
processes aligned with TPS/ Lean principles.
- Troubleshoots electrical and electronic issues on our products
in the factory shop floor.
- Other duties, as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a manufacturing
environment with components and systems. Five (5) years
- Extensive hands-on experience with electrical,
electromechanical and electronic components and systems
- Knowledge of IPC-2220 or IPC-600 design of printed circuit
boards. Experience with PCB & PCA fabrication.
- Experience with circuit design, schematic capture and PCA
layout in CAD software such as Altium
- Experience in test fixture and tooling design.
- Experience with low voltage signals and/or high power
- Strong drawings and schematics reading skills.
- Familiarity with bills of materials (BoM), engineering change
orders (ECO), product change orders (PCO) and manufacturing
resource planning (MRP) systems.
- Familiarity with soldering. Two (2) years of experience
- Experience with transitioning new products from design to
- Excellent written and verbal communication, leadership, problem
solving, project management and collaboration skills.
- Experience working in standardized manufacturing processes
based on TPS or Lean manufacturing concepts and methodologies
- Experience in lean process, product development and statistical
process control tools strongly preferred.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and
speak for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pull,
reach, grab, hold, and lift.
- Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and other personal
protective equipment as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent use of PC.
Your future at TechnipFMC
- Potential career path, if possible
- Global mobility opportunities if relevant
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team if relevant
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
"As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only
qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity,
sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin,
veteran or marital status."
Keywords: TechnipFMC, Davis , Manufacturing Engineer-Electrical, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!