Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Hello, this is an excellent direct hire opportunity as a Buyer I
with a manufacturing company located in Davis. The role is offering
competitive pay and benefits. Please submit your resume for
consideration. Thank you Job description
- Works under close supervision, with predetermined standards to
ensure that materials and/or supplies are purchased in accordance
with company policies and procedures.
- Reviews purchase requests for assigned material or components
and verifies nomenclature and specifications (correct revision of
product to engineering drawings).
- Heavy supplier interaction with daily phone calls to ensure
delivery and expediting of existing Purchase Orders.
- Works with product teams or other procurement staff to generate
Request for Quotations (RFQ's) for new or modified parts.
- May work with 3rd party Vendor Managed Inventory to optimize
current state and improve stock outs.
- Runs, maintains, and distributes department reports, such as
items or services purchased, costs, delivery of product, and
quality to evaluate supplier and department performance against
- Makes recommendations for process improvements to work flow
leading to departmental overall cost improvements and
- Assists other staff members with procurement related activities
- Additional requirements may be added as needed to meet changing
- Creates and maintains supplier accounts.
- Manages accounting reconciliation issues. ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and coaching,
and respond appropriately.
- Contributes to a positive work environment adhering to the
company's Code of Business Conduct and Foundational Beliefs. You
are meant for this job if
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Procurement,
Operations or related field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
and manage multiple projects, and follow through on issues in a
- Intermediate level computer skills including SharePoint,
Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Office (preferably Office 2007) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must demonstrate strong planning and interpersonal skills to
interact with suppliers and co-workers in a team-based
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks in a high stress
environment. WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and
- Frequent need for manual dexterity - using hands, fingers, and
arms to push, pull, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit & stand for long periods of
- Frequent use of PC is required.
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as
viewing computer screens and reading.
- Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses, and other personal
protective equipment as needed in safety zone areas.
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Davis , Buyer I, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!