Porter / Janitorial
Company: Mutual Housing California
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Title: Porter/JanitorialLocation: Sacramento/Yolo
CountiesDepartment: Property ManagementReports To: Property
ManagerFSLA Status: Non-ExemptPay Rate: $17.00 per
hourSUMMARYMutual Housing Management provides professional property
management services to Mutual Housing California's 19 affordable
multifamily properties. The mission of Mutual Housing Management is
to be an exceptional steward of Mutual Housing's portfolio of
multifamily housing properties to support long-term
sustainability.Porter/Janitor must be a team player who provides
safe, decent, atmosphere for the residents of the community. The
Porter/Janitor will work in conjunction with maintenance staff to
ensure a high standard of cleanliness, customer service, and a
- Cleans and maintains entry lobby, including cleaning of
windows, doors, mopping floors, vacuuming carpets, etc., daily, and
more if necessary to maintain excellent entrance appeal.
- Cleans laundry room, community room, conference room, and
management offices daily.
- Cleans community bathrooms daily, more to maintain in a
- Cleans stairways and elevators on a regularly scheduled
- Does cleaning of units, including stoves, refrigerators,
bathrooms, floors, windows, etc. if necessary
- Reports all maintenance repairs needed to Maintenance
- Sweeps and cleans parking lot on daily basis.
- Picks up trash from grounds.
- Ensures garbage enclosures are picked up and cleaned
- Uses hose/pressure washer to clean walkways and buildings when
- Changes all light bulbs in hallways and common areas.
- Does minor work orders for residents and/or management as
assigned by Property Manager.
- Respect the confidentiality of resident
Diploma/GEDExperience:Experience with janitorial routine.REQUIRED
- Take direction from the supervisor.
- Read, write, do basic math, and follow instructions in the
- Work in a collaborative manner, as a part of the site
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse
- Flexible to change work schedules.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver's license and
- Treat residents and vendors with respect and compassion.
- Represent Mutual Housing Management with a professional manner
at all times.
- Understand and commit to the mission and values of Mutual
- Wear a Mutual Housing Management uniform at all times when on
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and
writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team
oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed
without being asked, following through.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time,
thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coach-ability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn,
embracing continuous improvement, accepting accountability when
- Resident focus: Striving for high resident satisfaction, going
out of our way to be helpful, responsive, attentive and
- Leadership (for those with direct reports): Setting clear
expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and guidance,
holding people accountable.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe
work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Physical:Frequently required to
push/pull objects weighing more than 100 lbs. and lift and carry
objects weighing more than 50 lbs. but less than 100. Frequently
required to perform simple manipulative tasks such as using hand
tools and operating maintenance machinery. Must be able to walk,
stand, squat, drive, and remain in uncomfortable positions for
periods of time necessary to accomplish maintenance
repairs.Sensory:Frequently required to read fine print on plans,
regulatory documents, maintenance coding, and instructions. Must be
able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise to
answer pages, phones, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and hear
and understand others using the English
language.Cognitive:Frequently required to concentrate on moderate
detail with moderate interruption. Must be able to attend to a
task/function for more than 60 minutes at a time. Must be able to
understand and relate to specific ideas one at a time and remember
a task/assignment for at least a full shift.Environmental
Conditions:Frequent exposure to seasonal conditions in outside
weather. Occasional exposure to grease, oil, toxins or poisonous
materials, dust, loud noises, high humidity, and electrical or
mechanical hazards.Equipment:Frequently required to operate power
carpentry tools, garden tools, cleaning equipment, or paint
equipment.The above job description is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any
other related duties, as assigned by their
Keywords: Mutual Housing California, Davis , Porter / Janitorial, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!