Restaurant Cook - Advanced
Company: Northstar California Resort
Posted on: June 17, 2022
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain
park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for
families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra
Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a
few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore
everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar
team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25
Ski Towns in the World."
-As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees
across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19. -This is an
exciting opportunity to join a team of enthusiastic culinary
professionals in a fun, resort based environment. - The Experienced
(Advanced) Cook supervises food preparation and production for
various shifts in either a quick serve, or fine dining location.
-Note, that we are currently looking for cooks of all experience
levels, who will provide first class service to our guests in an
upbeat, fast-paced restaurant environment. Responsibilities will
vary depending on skill level and experience gleamed during the
interview process. Our formal training and staging program provides
the opportunity for professional advancement from various career
stages. We will train folks with the right attitude and a passion
for being here, with us, at our amazing resort. -We are currently
hiring for the following locations:
- Day Lodge - Mid-Mountain location
- Bourbon Pub -Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers at all times.
- Assist with setting up and stocking work areas with all
necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Preparation of various hot foods, such as -cooking sauces,
soups, and main dishes.
- Butchering meats, poultry, and fish.
- Assist with proper plating techniques.
- Oversee a variety of other basic food preparation tasks, such
as the cleaning and cutting of fruits and vegetables, preparing of
individual portions of side dishes and desserts, slicing of meats
and cheeses, etc.
- Ensure that foods are maintained at proper temperatures for
serving and storing.
- Ensure that established health and safety procedures are
- Monitor all foods for quality of taste, texture, and
- Monitor all food production methods for cost and time
- Assist with various inventory control and ordering tasks.
- Assist in menu planning for assigned meals/functions.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned based on
individual experience. - -Qualifications include:
- High School diploma, or GED - -required.
- At least two years food preparation and service experience -
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations -
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and
quality control methods - -preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills -
- Able to work weekends and holidays - required
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid -Food Handler's Permit
-- -can be trained in resort. -As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts
will be requiring all employees across North America to be
vaccinated for COVID-19. -What is in it for you?--- - - -Employee
Summer passes - free bike hauls and scenic lift rides --- - -
-Discount lift tickets for friends and family - bike hauls and
scenic lift rides--- - - -Discounted lodging, food, gear and
mountain shuttles--- - - -Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
--- - - -401(k) Retirement Plan
--- - - -Excellent training and professional development
--- - - Northstar Employee Housing - housing applications accepted;
availability subject to inventory on handReach Your Peak at Vail
Resorts. - -As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail
Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our
employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate
individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the
status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career
of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak. -
-Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 434360
Keywords: Northstar California Resort, Davis , Restaurant Cook - Advanced, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!