Infrastructure Services Executive
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Purpose of Job** This role will optimally be located in our home
office in San Antonio, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, or in one of
our regional hubs. Consideration may be given to highly competitive
candidates who live remotely and can travel frequently to Texas.
Leads the execution of multiple technology domains which entails
evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of hardware,
software, and services that support the infrastructure for USAA's
internal and member facing capabilities. Establishes and implements
strategies, operational policies, key functional objectives, and
collaborates across the enterprise to meet the company's objectives
for productivity, availability, and performance as well as
introducing new technologies, while understanding and effectively
handling the associated risk.Job Requirements
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Supports the design and execution of USAA's IT strategy, taking
into account USAA's broader business strategy, sophisticated
regulations and supervisory expectations - including how they apply
in a matrixed environment.
- Participates in the development of the organization's strategic
plan, carrying out activities consistent with USAA's strategy, risk
appetite, and risk tolerance.
- Manages the implementation of the organization's IT plans and
investments; supports a vision that aligns with the overall
technology strategy and corporate strategy.
- Manages the execution of one or more technology domains which
entails evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of
hardware, software, and services that support the infrastructure
for USAA's internal and member facing capabilities.
- Has responsibility to define and execute infrastructure
capabilities and services, to include being the steward of the
performance and contractual relationships.
- Manages the implementation of an operating model with
standards, policies, and Service Level Agreements that met
- Provides continuous control and operational support activities
to ensure IT systems are available and viable to internal and
- Continuously re-evaluates USAA infrastructure and services
requirements in light of evolving regulations.
- Develops talent across the IT team to deliver performance and
results - including the identification, development, and retention
of talent with requisite capabilities.
- Role models USAA's mission, core values, culture and desired
behaviors - including a sound risk culture.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting commitments by
setting and clearly communicating expectations and
- Builds successful relationships with other IT and business
leaders by develop a keen understanding of business needs, acting
as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT
services to meet those needs.
- Accountable for one or more IT cost towers, including the
management and forecasting of expenses to include department
allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program,
software and vendor expenses.
- Accountable for operating within established policies and
guidelines, and acting in accordance with applicable laws,
regulations, and supervisory guidance, including those related to
consumer protection, including ensuring policy exceptions are
promptly and effectively assessed and called out.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and
monitoring an internal control environment, including information
systems and preventative and detective controls, to effectively
manage material risks.
- Assures protection and handling according to the standards
expected by members and the management of USAA, by ensuring the
availability, integrity, and confidentiality of USAA's
- Bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology, information
management, or equivalent field) OR 4 additional years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) which may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of progressive experience in a technical discipline
with a proven track record of leading comparable programs (e.g.
complex IT infrastructure, services, and systems)
- 6 years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing impactful teams
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders,
influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- Experience in infrastructure planning, project management,
design, deployment, and system life cycle management
- Experience managing multiple large technology supplier
relationships and agreements (SOWs)
- Proven technology, organizational, and financial
- Experience managing organizational budgets and capital
- Experience in inspiring, leading, and defining vision, strategy
and organizational change
- Experience assessing and leading complex process
- Experience developing and deploying infrastructure-as-a-service
- Experience developing and delivering on an "Everything is Code"
culture within an IT infrastructure group
- Experience migrating workloads across multiple datacenters
- Experience building IT infrastructure modernization strategies,
leveraging hybrid cloud
- Experience working with multiple cloud providers
- Strong background in Storage, networking and computer
- Experience with IT General Controls design, development,
management and governanceCompensation:USAA has an effective process
for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we
remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on
your experience and market position. The salary range for this
position is: $155,400.00 - $279,800.00.Employees may be eligible
for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive
level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time
and performance based.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.
Keywords: USAA, Davis , Infrastructure Services Executive, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!