Company: University of California
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Distribution & Logistics is comprised of Aggie Surplus, Bulk Mail
Services, Central Receiving, Campus Stores, Repro Graphics, Mail
Services (campus and UCDHS), Microscope Services, Special Services
and its related programs. Special Services provides at-need labor
for the Davis and UCDH campus communities. Services include, but
are not limited to, office relocations, furniture reconfigurations,
delivering freight, etc.
Under the Senior Storekeeper-Supervisor, partners with and also
takes direction from Sr. Lead Laborers. Utilizes a variety of
hand/power tools in addition to material handling equipment to
perform general labor, including but not limited to, relocating
equipment/offices/labs, building/reconfiguring furniture and
delivery of mail/freight.
$19.16/hr. - $24.78/hr.
No. of Positions
Percentage of Time
Manager will advise
Apply by Date
- Lift materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Safely perform heavy tasks using continuous movement (e.g.,
stoop, bend, reach, twist; climb, squat, etc.) to lift and move
- Work in areas where paper dust, lead paint, hazardous and
asbestos materials could be present Stand for long periods of
- Wear protective clothing (i.e., steel toed shoes, gloves, hard
hat, respirator and pants that cover the entire leg and ankle area
- Adhere to department uniform policy and personal protective
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
- Required to obtain forklift certification within 45-days of
- Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles
(DMV) Pull Notice System
- A valid California Driver's License is required.
- Employee is personally responsible for following safety
- Required to complete online (LMS) HIPAA 101, and Privacy
Security Training classes within 10-days of initial
- Work a flexible schedule; work occasional overtime; work
occasional varied lunch hours, and work occasional weekends and
- Restricted vacation during peak periods.
- Remain flexible and willing to work/travel to UCDMC Mail
Services in Sacramento. When assigned to work at UCDMC Mail
Services, must participate in UCDMC's Medical Clearance Program
which involves a TB skin test, and confirmation of immune status
for measles, rubella and varicella.
- The Smoke and Tobacco Free Environment policy is intended to
provide a healthier, safer, and more productive work and learning
environment for the entire UC community. The University of
California prohibits smoking and tobacco use at all University
owned or leased properties, or facilities operated by UC staff or
faculty. Smoking and tobacco use are strictly prohibited in indoor
and outdoor spaces, parking lots, residential space, and University
- Experience driving delivery vehicles (vans and/or 25,500 GVW
delivery truck) and using a lift gate to deliver merchandise in
busy pedestrian/bicycle traffic areas.
- Experience handling and operating powered and non-powered
material handling equipment (e.g., climbers, gas and electric
forklifts, electric stock pickers, electric pallet jacks, hand
trucks, flat carts, mail tubs and cages etc.).
- Experience handling and operating powered and non-powered tools
(e.g., hand tools, circular saws, drills, etc.)
- Experience moving and/or delivering freight.
- Communication skills to read and follow policies, instructions
on hazardous materials shipping requirements and regulatory
guidelines; packing slips, shipping orders, memos, etc.
- Writing and printing skills to annotate delivery receipts,
shipping memos, etc.
- Understanding of and skill to perform basic mathematical
- Experience assembling, reconfiguring, and moving office
- Experience using computer hardware (i.e., a personal networked
computer) and software (e.g., E-mail, Internet Navigation,
[Internal] Inventory Control System) for email, queries and system
- Knowledge of handling hazmat and using a driver's
- Knowledge of campus departments and locations.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background
check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background investigation including criminal history and identity
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2
(COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy
(ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy,
employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved
exception or deferral.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we're solving life's most urgent challenges to bring a
fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow
from every challenge we take on and we don't just maintain - we
We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant
organization means understanding and valuing both our individual
differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions
come from the most diverse minds and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our Principles of
Community, our Clinical Strategic Plan and strategic vision for
research and education, and our latest efforts to outgrow the
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
Keywords: University of California, Davis , LABORER (Laborer), Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!