Licensed Vocational Nurse, Shared Staff
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: November 19, 2022
SMF-Sutter Med Foundation - West
Provides nursing care, under the direct supervision of a registered
nurse (RN) or physician, in accordance with the legal scope of
practice and within established standards of care, policies, and
procedures. Integrates education, technical competence and patient
interaction skills to gain confidence and cooperation from the
patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare
providers. Exercises sound judgment, and developed clinical skills
to implement the patient's plan of care based on the diagnosis in a
timely manner. Supports the functionality of the department by
distributing supplies and performing equipment maintenance,
testing, and setup as needed. Adheres to all local/state/federal
regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and
safety to help deliver optimal patient care.
* Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
* Other: Graduate of an accredited school of Vocational
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
* LVN-Licensed Vocational Nurse
* BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
* 1 year basic clinical and practical experience as typically
acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills, various medical
procedures, views, and equipment.
* Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions,
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and
* Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
* Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
* General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
* Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
* Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
* Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
* Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare
providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Days of the Week:
Limited Term (Fixed Term)
Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack,
transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as
hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for
Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Keywords: Sutter Health, Davis , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Shared Staff, Other , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!