Universal Service Representative
Company: USE Credit Union
Posted on: September 5, 2020
USE Credit UnionJob ID 2020-1356Job Locations
US-CA-DavisCategory Retail (Branches)Type Regular Full-TimeMore
information about this jobOverview
Are you Service-Driven and Relationship-Focused? USE's branches are
the perfect place for you! As a Universal Service Representative,
you'll have the chance to empower members to gain better control of
their finances. Become part of a team that is key in delivering
extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous
and professional manner, adhering to USE's Six-Star Guarantee and
- Maintain a teller drawer and processes cash and check deposit
in accordance to credit union policies and procedures.
- Processes withdrawal requests in accordance to credit union
policies and procedures.
- Posts loan payments and general ledger transactions.
- Processes member telephone transfers, check requests, mail,
email, night drop and quik drop transactions.
- Answers the telephone, directs calls to the appropriate person
and/or takes messages and quotes current USE savings and consumer
loan rates and terms.
- Accurately balances cash drawer in required time frame.
- Provides unbeatable service experience adheres to the credit
union's quality service standards.
- Perform a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not
limited to: files daily transaction documents, member
correspondences, bank recaps, IRAs, decedent accounts, trust
certifications, and POAs.
- Works efficiently with team members to reach branch goals and
maintain branch profitability.
- Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all
members when transacting business and giving information, adhering
to security practices.
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on credit union products,
services, and related policies, procedures, rules and
- Cross-sells all products and services to meet member needs and
achieve corporate relationship building objectives.
- Performs sales duties in branch to meet each member's
individual financial needs.
- Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings
accounts, term accounts, IRA's, online banking, insurance products
- Attains sales goals; identifies, acquires and grows new and
existing consumer loan portfolio. Must meet production volume as
- Establishes and maintains strong referral relationships with
- Develops strong telephone calling program from internal lists
and targeted prospects.
- Initiates loan applications using various consumer loan
origination systems and assists member in choosing the right loan
programs for the member's own personal financial situation.
- Coordinates the consumer loan application process between the
member, third parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring
unbeatable service experience.
- Initiates referrals, and constantly prospects for new referral
relationships and new members.
- Maintains the required knowledge of policies and procedures,
laws and regulations and other compliance requirements that pertain
to the deposit and lending functions.
- Adhere to company policy and procedure, complete annual
compliance training, comply with business continuity and vendor
management policy. These are crucial to the success of the
organization and have regulatory compliance and/or safety and
soundness for the sustainability of the credit union.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two
or more years related banking positions required.
- Sales experience and/or training required.
- New accounts experience preferred
- Must have strong cash handling, sales and customer service
- Ability to sell products and services effectively and meet
- Ability to build & maintain relationships with internal and
external members.Must be able to multi-task & be
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral
- Must possess the ability to use loan origination systems,
contact management software and database use
- Requires general knowledge of computer network and other
Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail
etiquette, a professional presentation and a high degree of
- Must be able to work branch operations hours.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender
identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
Keywords: USE Credit Union, Davis , Universal Service Representative, Sales , Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!